Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My last post

It has been a long and great journey. From posts in Portuguese and much uncertainty regarding what I aimed with the blog, to great discussions in a broader audience via posts in English. I have been criticizing austerity programs in Europe and the lack of austerity in Brazil. In any case, I have learned a lot. Blogging helped me to organize thoughts and analyze better (international) macroeconomic events. And would be even funnier to analyze recent Fed policymaking, since I have been studying macroeconomic crises such as the Great Depression and the Great Recession in the last months. But it is time to end this project and move on.

Scarcity of resources is the basis of economics and among the main inputs, time has been increasingly scarce. I plan to finish my Ph.D thesis on Monetary Economics, I have been engaging in teaching and consulting, and also I have started to write some articles for the press. (Also there is more – parallel – research). All these things take too much time, and I also need to have a life beyond economics (yeah, right…).

Everything said, I would like to thank you for reading, commenting (usually in Linkedin, but ok…), criticizing and sharing your knowledge, in one way or another. I have turned all my posts into draft versions (so I do not lose them) as you may have noticed. The blog address will remain, since I found very useful the links I have here. But no more posts.

If you have any interest in engage in any sort of discussion, share thoughts and doubts, or if you need consultancy services (hey, PhD Candidates need money!), I’ll let my personal e-mail here: jcfilho@mail.com

My best regards,

João Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment